Thursday, January 7, 2016

New Simon Says Stamp Challenge

Welcome to the New Year. As it is a new year I needed to choose a new One Little Word (OLW) for 2016. My OLW for 2015 was Sparkle and my new word for this year is Thrive. After the last few months I have had I definitely needed a hopeful and positive word for 2016.

It has been a good start to the new year so far: a little crafting, a little de-cluttering and a lot of resting. It feels wonderful to be creating again. I have only been doing short bursts here and there and finding new ways to create while keeping my body comfortable. I guess my new approach for 2016 will be finding new ways to do old things.

One of the projects I worked on is a cover page for my new goals book. This year I tried a new approach of actually writing down my goals for this year.  I put my OLW on the title page to remind me to thrive while I achieve my new goals. Behind the cover page I brainstormed what the word thrive means to me.  I used my new Heidi Swapp spray inks to create the page.


I have separated my goals into three key areas: Body, Soul and Spirit.  On the next pages I have written down the main goals under each key area.  I colour-coded each of the key areas: blue for Body, pink for Soul and purple for Spirit (not shown).

Next I created a tabbed section for each key area. Under each key area I repeated my goals but added in steps to achieving them. As Dr Phil says: the difference between a dream and a goal is a timeline. This is new for me as I usually think of the goals but don't necessarily put down all the steps to achieving them. For example, one of the goals I have under the key area Soul is Saving/Financial Stability. In the Soul tabbed section I have written down what that means - things like learning the difference between needs and wants and tracking spending etc.  I plan on using lists and encouragement under each key area for encouragement too.  Each tab got a title page as well. First up is Body:


Then Soul: I used new stickers from Rosies Studio and Simple Stories


Finally Spirit: I used my new stamps from Neat & Tangled and Illustrated Faith washi on this page


I am using a personal size Filofax (red - of course) and I am using the calendar from last year that came with it. I will white out the old dates and add new dates as needed. In this yellow tabbed section [daily] I will write down successes and failures that occur. Again the entries will be colour-coded.  I have also further colour-coded my Saving goal entries in green so I can specifically see which entries relate to that goal. For example on one day this week I had to write an epic fail entry in green as I ordered some more scrapbooking items online!!!

I'll let you know later in the year how this new approach is working for me.

I am entering this new project in two challenges at Simon Says Stamp as they both have the same theme: Something New (hence the emphasis on the new)
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is here
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is here.

Materials:
Filofax Domino
Inks: Heidi Swapp, Ranger, Stampin' Up!
Card: American Crafts
Stamps: Neat & Tangled, Studio Calico
Embellishments: American Crafts - Thickers, Puffy icons; Simple Stories - stickers; Bella Boulevard/Illustrated Faith - washi; Rosies Studio - stickers;  Ranger - perfect pearls; Kaisercraft - stickers; Creative Imaginations - rub-ons; Tassle Charm - Ribtex, Carfters Choice.
Pens; Frixion, Kikki K
Other: Labels



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! You had a wonderful idea! Love your cover and the colors you used!Thanks for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge Blog! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I'm so glad i could join in on the SSS challenges again.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful artwork with the cover, love it.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby. I have to admit i really love it myself!

      Delete