Friday, June 19, 2015

Pink & Main - Whale of a Time Layout

It looks like most of the design team having been playing with the new release Whale of a Time recently. It is such a cute stamp set. It works for cards, pocket scrapbooking cards and layouts about time at the beach or pool.

When I first saw the stamp set I decided to make some pocket scrapbooking cards to have on hand.  I blotted 3 colours of distress stain on a craft sheet and spritzed them with a pearlescent spray then smooched white gloss paper into the blended colours.  Next I got to stamping the 3x4" cards with various stamps from Whale of a Time. Lastly I added perfect pearls and pearl drops.  I intended to keep them for future pocket scrapbooking projects but I ended up making a traditional 12x12" layout.


The first card simply needed red perfect pearls in the heart that the whale is holding


The middle card is super simple: just that cute whale with some pearl drops above his/her water spout


The last card was designated for journaling but I ended up adding a small photo as well


You can see Whale of a Time in the first photo (along with the cute pink acrylic block from Pink & Main) but you can find the stamp set on the Pink & Main website here.

DT Amanda

Materials: Stamps - Pink & Main; Cardstock & Paper - Bazzill, Kaisercraft, Unknown; Alphabet - A Cherry on the Top; Bling Word - Kaisercraft, Markers - Copic, Sharpie; Distress Stain, Ink & Perfect Pearls - Ranger; Pearls.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you made cards and then used them in your layout! You make it look so fun! Love the colors and all the goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Lyn and leaving such a nice comment :) It makes my day

      Delete