Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pink & Main - Speech Patterns Greeting Cards

Forgot to share this blog post from March 5th on the Pink & Main blog! Oooops.

There have been so many fabulous stamp sets in the mega release and I am trying to play with all of them. This week I decided to focus on Speech Patterns.

First off  I made a general greeting card with a repeated stamp pattern. I made a panel in vanilla colour card and stamped it with the speech bubbles in the Speech Patterns stamp set in 3 colours. On a separate piece of card I stamped one of the speech bubbles in green ink to match the background card and coloured the edges in with a black stamping marker and stamped miss u in black ink. I also applied the other two colours of ink to the background.  After cutting this speech bubble out, I adhered it to the stamped panel with foam tape.




After making the first card I wanted to try another card using the same repeated stamping technique. This time I used a vanilla card as my base and stamped the speech bubbles repeatedly using the same 3 colours. I chose one speech bubble and used blue embossing powder on the phrase 'hello'.  The other speech bubbles got stamped in black ink. A little inking of the edges and you're done!  It is a plainer card but still effective.



I really love the patterned speech bubbles in the stamp set. I could have kept making more and more cards with the different phrases.


Below is the Speech Pattern stamp set I used:





DT Amanda

Materials:
Stamps - Pink & Main, Ink - Ranger, Stampin' Up!; Card - American Crafts, Other; Embossing Powder, Foam Tape.


No comments:

Post a Comment