Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Splash Of Colour

Well, maybe a splash of colour is a bit too bright a label for this project - how about a subtle hint of colour instead? The current challenge at Inspiration Emporium is A Splash of Colour. I think you only need to use colour on the creation to be eligible. I have been joushing (that word Carlton from Fab 5 made up) up a plain art journal from the cheap dollar shops ($3) for my upcoming trip to Italy (excited much!). It has plain white pages so I opened the wire binding , took out some of the pages and sprayed them. I would've done more but a) I was worried I wouldn't be able to write over the colourshine, b) my blue ink spray got blocked so there aren't as many blue pages and c) it's time consuming! As only a few pages had the colour I decided to add envelopes on those pages to make them a little bit special. Each page got either some washi or travel themed ephemera. Next I added Day, Date and Place on each page with stamps. Now I am going through and decorating the envelopes with stamps. It's pretty cool but the wires are now too small for the expansion of the book! I wonder if my Zutter O Wires are compatible?

At this stage I will only show you the cover title page (man, that feels like a primary school project!). When I have more time and all the envelopes are completed I will show you some more pages. So for now this is my cover:


The picture looks quite white but it is sprayed green and the map stamp is stamped in green also. I used my new TH spritzer tool that arrived from Inspiration Emporium this week (so cool) and added spritzes of blue and rust that I had used throughout the book. I love the soft look it gave. A few stickers, TH film strip, a paperclip and a piece of travel ephemera and it's done! I can staple tickets and things on there as I travel. BTW the travel ephemera ended up there because I didn't like how an ampersand inked up when I stamped it after the title so I covered it up. 

Here's the link to the challenge: Inspiration Emporium - A Splash of Color Challenge

Materials: Film Strip, Spritzer, Markers, Staples (Tim Holtz), Stamp, Ink, Markers (Stampin' Up!, Stickers (Glitz & unknown),Ephemera (Kaisercraft), Paperclip, Journal.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun in Italy!! How exciting. =) Thanks so much for joining us at Inspiration Journal.

    ReplyDelete