Monday, February 24, 2014

Use Your Words

No, I'm not at preschool! Sorry, those words remind me of when my niece was at daycare and we were encouraged to say that when she would cry or get frustrated etc.  The reason for my title is that the current challenge at Inspiration Emporium is: Show it with Words.  Instead of a card, which I don't like making, I made a layout. Layouts take longer but I much prefer this kind of creating over card making. This layout features my Dad and the lyrics to the Emeli Sande song: Next to Me. As soon as I heard the song, and its lyrics, I thought of my Dad.  He is always beside me as my champion. This layout is a special celebration of how wonderful a dad, and man, he is.





The layout lifts up to reveal both the lyrics and journaling about my special dad.





Not sure if I will give him the layout to read or not - I'm shy about sharing my feelings.

Tips:
I used Stazon ink with a woodgrain stamp on the foam letters to give them a wood look.
I coloured the Kaisercraft bling word with an alcohol pen (copic).


The details for the challenge are here.

Materials: Paper (Kaisercraft, Hot Off The Press), Stamps (Mama Elephant, Maya Rd, 7 Gypsies, A.Muse Studio), Letters ( American Crafts, Kaisercraft), ink (Versamark, Stazon),  Border punch (Stampin' Up!), Pearls (Retail Girl), Colour Spray (Heidi Swapp), Perfect Pearls (Ranger), Corner Rounder (We Are Memory Keepers), Bling Word (Kaisercraft), Washi Tape, Sequins


No comments:

Post a Comment