Saturday, December 14, 2013

Ellen Hutson 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist - Jill Foster

Wahoo! I managed to get another tag done from Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist. This one was inspired by Day 10: Jill Foster. Jill used gelatos and the technique that I was amazed by was colouring seam binding with gelatos then blending with a baby wipe - it worked brilliantly! So easy and cool! I also liked the non traditional Christmas colours, the snowflakes and the bling. I didn't have a reindeer stamp so I had to forgo that bit. Here's my version:




Earlier this week I saw Donna Downey's latest video on the Craft Channel where she used a stencil over the dried gelatos and used a baby wipe to remove the colour through the stencil. I decided to try this on the tag. I remembered that I have a lovely Spellbinders Lattice die and a piece I had cut out earlier to test it out. I used this piece as my stencil instead and it worked wonderfully! I made this tag in my DD art journal so I have it for future reference.

Materials: Gesso, Gelatos, Spellbinders Die, Doily, Stamp (unknown), Snowflake Punch, Bling, Seam Binding, Versamark Ink, Baby Wipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment